Update of Address Card
Whenever you move to a new place, you are legally obliged to report it to the Immigration Office within 3 workdays.
The Immigration Office developed an online platform for processing your application and hence you can now simply upload your documents to enterhungary.gov.hu. The platform will ask multiple questions and we have assembled a guide for you to use! You will need to prepare the documents listed below:
- Scanned images of ALL pages of your passport
- Scanned image of both sides of your residence permit card
- A filled-in accommodation reporting form,
- Proof of your address:
- If you live in a dorm: get a certificate from your dorm that they provide you with accommodation,
- If you live in an apartment: your rental agreement.
You are going to receive the new address card through the post; unfortunately there is no way to receive it personally if you apply online. If you want to receive it personally, you can update your address card by visiting the Immigration Office (1135 Budapest, Szegedi ut 35-37). However, please note, that due to the limited number of administrators you will probably have to wait longer. If you want to update your address personally, you need to take all the documents that are mentioned above.