What sort of health insurance do you have?
You need a TAJ card to get access to comprehensive healthcare in public hospitals and clinics. Apply as soon as you can.
Until you get a TAJ card, you can get this alternative by signing a contract in the Stipendium Hungaricum Student Office on the ground floor of building R.
Generali health insurance
Other health related information
If you want to register for a vaccine or just want to know more about the current situation, click the button!
Neither the TAJ, nor Generali can provide you with adequate psychological treatment. However, the university offers such services.
Let’s hope you’ll never need this page!
General tips for a healthy stay in Budapest
- Dress appropriately for all weather conditions. Hungary has 4 separate seasons, a warm (sometimes hot) summer, moderate (and rainy) spring and autumn, while winter can get very cold, so prepare with clothes in advance accordingly! You can easily catch a cold if you do not pay attention to it!
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after the use of public transport.
- Spend plenty of time outside and exercise on a daily basis.
- Consume plenty of fruit and veg, follow a balanced diet.
- Don’t worry if you catch a cold, it is common and completely natural. Before visiting a doctor, try home remedies, such as warm tea with honey and lemon, cough syrups, and throat lozenges (sore throat candies).
- Always follow doctors’ instructions and take the prescribed medicine in the recommended quantities!
If you have any questions please check the FAQ or contact us using the form below! We aim to provide answers as detailed as possible, which can take some time. Please be patient, we cannot respond instantaneously.