Residence Permit Renewal

It is strongly suggested that you start your application at least 2 months before your current card would expire!
Please note that your TAJ card will expire with your Residence Permit.


Here, you can access the online application platform developed by the Immigration office!

Apply here


We have prepared a comprehensive guide for you to use throughout the renewal procedure!

Online application guide


The Immigration Office developed an online platform for processing your application and hence you can now simply upload your documents to The platform will ask multiple questions and we have assembled a guide for you to use! You will need to prepare the documents listed below. You should keep in mind that you will be asked to go to the Immigration Office in person to get your biometric data taken. Currently you can visit the Immigration Office without an appointment; their address: Szegedi út 35-37, Budapest, 1135. If you want to avoid waiting in line, you can book an appointment after registering at the website of the Immigration Office here. When you go, please bring all the necessary documents with you, otherwise, you will have to repeat the procedure. If you are confused about some of the requirements, do not hesitate to contact us at!


You need to prepare the following documents for the appointments:

  • An application form filled-in,
  • passport size photo,
  • Appendix 14 filled-in, you can find a guide for it here.
  • Your Letter of Award as proof of your monthly stipend,
  • Proof of comprehensive health insurance:
    • Your TAJ card, even if it is due to expire soon,
    • If your TAJ card has expired, a copy of your Generali contract.
    • As a final resort, you can upload your Letter of Award as proof of having access to healthcare,
  • Transcript of your academic records (pick it up in the CAO, or Neptun request E027),
  • A student status certificate,
    • BSc and MSc students can pick it up in the CAO in building R or get it through an E027 Neptun request,
    • PhD students should visit the Dean’s Office of their faculty, but you do not actually need to meet the Dean!
  • Scanned images of ALL pages in your passport (even the EMPTY ONES)
  • A filled-in accommodation reporting form,
    • You can pick a blank one in the Stipendium Hungaricum Student Office in R10, fill it in and get it signed by your accommodator (dormitory or landlord).
    • You can download it from here and you can see how to fill it in here.
  • Proof of your address:
    • If you live in a dorm: get a certificate from your dorm that they provide you with accommodation,
    • If you live in an apartment: your rental agreement,