Residence Permit Renewal
It is strongly suggested that you start your application at least 2 months before your current card would expire!
The Immigration Office developed an online platform for processing your application and hence you can now simply upload your documents to www.enterhungary.gov.hu. The platform will ask multiple questions and we have assembled a guide for you to use! You will need to prepare the documents listed below. You should keep in mind that you will be asked to go to the Immigration Office in person to get your biometric data taken. Due to COVID-19, it is quite hard to get an appointment nowadays. Accordingly, our best advice is to first book an appointment and 1-2 weeks before the appointment, please upload all your documents to the online platform!
- An application form filled-in wherever English cues are provided, signed at two places (in the box and at the top signature line on the other page), see the fill-in guide here,
- A passport size photo,
- Your Letter of Award as proof of your monthly stipend,
- Proof of comprehensive health insurance:
- Your TAJ card, even if it is due to expire soon,
- If your TAJ card has expired, a copy of your Generali contract.
- As a final resort, you can upload your Letter of Award as proof of having access to healthcare,
- Transcript of your academic records (pick it up in the CAO, or Neptun request E027),
- A student status certificate,
- BSc and MSc students can pick it up in the CAO in building R or get it through an E027 Neptun request,
- PhD students should visit the Dean’s Office of their faculty, but you do not actually need to meet the Dean!
- Scanned images of ALL pages in your passport (even the EMPTY ONES)
- A filled-in accommodation reporting form,
- Proof of your address:
- If you live in a dorm: get a certificate from your dorm that they provide you with accommodation,
- If you live in an apartment: your rental agreement,